Managers and HR professionals are well aware that stress is rampant in the
American workplace. Stress can exacerbate team conflict and severely impact staff morale. The fact that 1 out of
5 Americans are coping with a mental health condition on top of everyday stresses might make you wonder...
Why wouldn't mental health problems show up at work?
Therapy for Real Life's mission is to break beyond the traditional therapy hour to offer research-backed self-care tools that can be used in daily life. This is why workplace wellness is an essential component of Therapy for Real Life's spectrum of care -- meaning: You don't have to be in therapy necessarily to get some benefit from therapy concepts. This is why Anna Lindberg Cedar, MPA, LCSW launched the Therapy for Real Life podcast and also added the workplace components to her therapy practices.
Therapy is an excellent resource when the time and place can make it happen, and is essential when the occasion calls for it. At the same time, managers and HR professionals know that they cannot wait until mental health problems arise at work. You can't make your staff go to therapy or even practice basic self-care outside of work. What leaders can do is empower their staff and buffer them against stress and burnout by hosting a self-care training with the support of an expert facilitator.
Hosting a Burnout Prevention Hack-A-Thon is a fun and interactive way to model self-care planning at work. An expert facilitator will lead your team through approachable stress management tips and tricks that can be used on the job. Why not take a day to invest in your team's sustainability and mental health?
Burnout prevention programs:
Several training options are available, including brief burnout prevention workshops, speaker series, seminars, ongoing weekly staff trainings, or quarterly staff wellness events. These burnout prevention programs teach your staff how to:
Sample Burnout Prevention Workshop Options
Facilitated by: Anna Lindberg Cedar, MPA, LCSW
Mindfulness Skills for Busy Professionals and Leaders
● How to use a present-focus to clarify priorities in a multi-tasking world.
● Simple breathing techniques and relaxation skills for quick coping on the job.
● How to use mindfulness to clarify and set important boundaries for work / life balance.
Mental Health Awareness and Communication Skills as a Manager
● How to recognize stress vs. burnout vs. anxiety vs. depression on the job.
● How to model self-care as a manager while staying productive on the job.
● Communication skills for supporting the mental health needs of your staff.
Leadership Self-Care Tool Kit
● Mindfulness + emotional labor skills for strategic leadership.
● Cognitive empowerment skills for overcoming imposter syndrome.
● Coping with demanding environments.
● Acceptance and self-validation skills.
Relationship Skills as a Mission-Driven Leader
● Understand how research into predictors of “relationship demise” can help you identify and interrupt toxic relationships at work.
● Learn research-backed “antidotes” to toxic relationship patterns (eg. Gottman, DBT skills) to help you reduce conflict and improve morale.
● Learn essential leadership skills to remain effective in your work, such as identifying your boundaries, asking for what you want, better understanding your peers, and practicing self-care during heated conflict.
Finding Value in Self-Care
● Learn how identifying your values can improve your self-care routine.
● Practice strategies in psychological flexibility to better align your self-care routine.
● Brainstorm self-care ideas as a group and personalize your Self-Care Strategic Plan.
Mood Hacks and Motivational Enhancement
● Understand the body’s stress response and research behind behavior change.
● Practice quick tips for bio-mood hacking that can be used anywhere.
● Learn behavioral skills to change your mood quickly and boost motivation over time.
Burnout Prevention Hack-A-Thon (***Most Popular!***)
● Understand and Interrupt the Body’s Stress Response.
● Recognize stress vs. burnout vs. anxiety vs. depression… What’s difference?
● Personalize Research-Backed Self-Care Skills for Stress: DBT’s 4 Solution Analysis.
Anna Lindberg Cedar, MPA, LCSW is a Bay Area psychotherapist who specializes in burnout prevention among changesmakers. Many of Anna’s burnout prevention strategies are drawn from Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) — a counseling style that combines Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and other change-based skills with mindfulness and acceptance-based strategies to help you lead a more balanced life. Anna received her Master of Science in Social Work and Master of Public Administration from Columbia University, where she completed multiple fellowships in evidence-based therapy trainings. She launched the Therapy for Real Life podcast to make research-backed therapy concepts accessible to individuals working to improve their self-care outside of the therapy process. Sharing burnout prevention self-care strategies with leaders across sectors is one of the greatest sources of burnout prevention in Anna's personal self-care routine.
How do you meet your business goals without experiencing burnout? It’s not often talked about but depression, anxiety, and extreme stress can undermine any business owners passion and ability to meet goals. On this episode, Anna Lindberg Cedar, MPA, LCSW shares insights into avoiding burnout through developing strong self-care habits. Anna details her personal experience that led her on the path to help others implement healthy burnout prevention strategies. She talks about the challenges entrepreneurs face with work/life balance and how we need to shift our cultural mindset. This is a provocative discussion with practical information to help you build a sustainable business. Click the Spirit Business logo to listen to the episode.
Speakers Series, Call for Speakers, Motivational Speaker, Leadership Coaching, Burnout Prevention Consulting, Sustainable Leadership, Motivational Speech, Bay Area events, Bay Area retreats, leadership workshops, team building reatreats and exercises, management training, psychological first aid, mental wellness benefits, workplace workshops, HR trainings, HR wellness benefits, leaders who care, workplace mental health, women in tech, queering tech, tech stress, sustainable growth, groth mindset, zebra startup, stress at work, panic attacks, mindful living, mindfulness retreats, diversity and inclusion workshops, self-care at work, nonprofit retreats, Ethical Management, Stress Relief on the Job, Wellness Perk, Job Benefit, Support Employee Wellness, Model Self-Care.
Communication : Stress Management : Self-Care : Depression : Anxiety : Stress : Trauma : Habit Change : Self-Esteem : Relationships : Burnout Prevention : Evidence-Based : Dialectical Behavior Therapy : Cognitive Behavioral Therapy : Mindfulness :